Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Simply and Fashionably Odd Photo Shoots

odd fashion photo shoot

Our Odd Fashion Photo Shoots


The Artist - Ariana Deats

Being an artist and always having that burning itching agitation to create for fear of spontaneous self combustion which may be right around the corner, there is a need for multiple outlets. Not always having a blank canvas on hand or being tired of cutting and sewing pieces of leather and multiple materials together, there is a need of another outlet of my creative impulsive randomness. Photo shoots.....
They serve perfect outlet for the pent up urge of artistic creation. Now I am by no means a highly skilled artist, humbly far from it. Sometimes the visions in my head do not translate well to canvas and no matter how hard I want to try I can not draw, paint, scratch, carve, etch, or scream them the will to exist.  However they do in photographs.
Here are some of my top favorite photo shoots we have done for The Odd Portrait. Now I actually am not a fan of my face personally, being an artist I do have a rather particular and picky eye and my face does not fit my own criteria. Seeing as how everything is always done on a whim of spontaneous last minute burst of energy take a look at our very odd and random idea's we captured on film and hopefully you at least get the idea of what concept we were aiming for.

The Big Bird Shoot

Starting with the most recent, this shoot was actually done this week. Inspiration of a rainbow feathered Big Bird attacked by a Las Vegas Show Girl fluttered in my thoughts. Gluing feathers and rhinestones to ones face is quit therapeutic and rather relaxing until of course you pull all of it off. Someone may want to do a public service and hide all the glue in my house from me. What can we glue next......... All hail the Big Bird Shoot featuring a New Leather Gold Clutch to be listed soon.... 

The Rainbow Big Bird Shoot

Crown Of Roses

This one was acutely a self shot shoot. My photographer was taking far to long growing impatient and taking an improptu nap I decided to shoot it myself. Having got a shot or two that was sufficient it all turned out good. Minus the black glitter everywhere. Glitter and sand have some striking commonalty as Anakin Skywalker once put it quite poetically : I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.
Dito to glitter ......

Crown Of Roses Photo Shoot

The Phantom Of The Opera

The Phantom Of The Opera fell into a pool of rhinestones. Keeping in with the theme of gluing things to ones face, we have this photo shoot which happens to be my all time favorite. It has many layered levels of meaning. This was a very personal shoot for me.  It has taken a long time to find acceptance in my own oddness in the way I look to just the way I am. Being free is not always freeing oneself from someone else or their perception it can be freeing yourself from yourself. Wear rhinestones like you just don't care. We may not always love ourselves, that for some myself included seems like an overwhelming impossible ideal, but accepting ones self is quit a possible task. Now it in fact did not take entirely too much time to glue those rhinestones on. It was in fact highly annoying but took only 40 or so minuets all totaled. Which is not to bad. It was rather hard to get off as glue is not a very kind friend to ones face obviously. In the name of art and expression the things one will do..... 

 

The Rhinestone Mask Shoot

The Feather Mohawk Festival Fashion Shoot

This giant feather Mohawk was so much fun to make, literally once I started it was finished that same day.
Having been tossing the idea around with friends to attend the Burning Man Festival this year there was a lot of time on Google looking up the amazing and awe inspiring fashion. Being a designer I just had  to do some of my own. That and catching up on all of the old Mad Max movies from the 80's, after loving the newest incantation, there was so much to draw from. 
The giant construction you see was all hand made and assembled. I wanted to do a giant Mohawk and just let my imagination go to work and this came about. It has a very balanced fit and is actually not uncomfortable at all, except you forgot its height and occasionally run into doorways and other low hanging objects.
Also to see what else I did when a unicorn gets covered in sea shells check out this headpiece here -- > Unicorn fashion

The Bunny Shoot

Being a slightly obsessed Alice & Wonderland gal of course we would do an Odd White Rabbit Shoot. Nothing like hopping around the desert in a bunny mask. Its odd its fun its is our signature. Love hate it laugh at it....Always tumbling down the rabbit hole into new and wonder filled lands of creativity. Or insanity it is in fact a very thin line...
We are always in search of others who live in wonder like lands slaying the Jabberwocky , having tea parties and always running late.
Try to keep your head and avoid the crazy duchess who uses far too much pepper and whose children turn into pigs of all things.
How far can we tumble............

 


The White Rabbit Desert Shoot

A Weird Alice Slaying The Jabberwocky

In keeping with the Wonderland theme here is The Odd Portrait version of Alice. The Jabberwocky being a favorite poem of mine this was inspired by that. therefore why there is a sword in it, just in case your were wondering. Here is the Lewis Carroll poem from Through the Looking Glass..
Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!"
He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought.
And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!
One, two! One, two! And through and through The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head He went galumphing back.
"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock? Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!' He chortled in his joy.











Alice Slaying The Jabberwocky

Spike Spike Baby

Fashion for the Odd. Crown of skulls and spikes. This was one of our fist shoots for the website and became our featured photo and logo on business cards and what not. This was where it all started I guess you could say. The spawn pf our oddly and dare I say creative photo shoots. We wanted to portray something new and unique. with a bold edgy fashion statement. It is a little punk rock rocker glam style. Having mixed leathers with rhinestones and spikes.

Spike Spike Baby Shoot

Mr. Moose

Last but not least well maybe it is. An interesting shoot you could say. Symbolizing the tumble into and fall down to creativity. With a little weird short story. This may be the best way to end this little whatever you want to call it...
 Tumbling down the rabbit hole. Meet my friends Mr. Moose, Mr. Deer head and the Rhino. Keeping me company on my descent into the unknowns. Shielded by a leather scarf with The Odd Portrait crescent protecting my soul and acting as armor to fight the battles of the creatures that may be lurking in the darkness. The hunt for inspiration in the strangest of places. Tumbling tumbling down we go where we stop no one knows. The thrill seeking wonders yet to behold.

Mr. Moose Head Shoot

No comments:

Post a Comment